Cold and rainey, that's what we got this morning for the Newington Library 5k. Not a good mix for my lungs and did cause an issue early on. Ran this one last year and had cramping issue then as well, but managed a 26:13. This year, I was able to shake off the cramp by mile 1.5 and finish fairly strong with a 24:56, which is really all I could have asked for considering the weather. No complaints, still amazed I can run like this :-) 82nd (out of 210) overall and 13 out of 25 for my age group (30-39).
Glad to have gotten the first race in for the year. Not planning a ton of them this year, but would like to get in a couple more 5k/10k and possibly the 10miler in Rhode Island that I ran last year. Then the big marathon in October....
Happy running all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's great! And at least you shaved a few minutes of your time. That's always a good thing!
Okay, have you always been this fast? I'm jealous - that is an amazing time. Congratulations on such a great race.
Wow - to only dream running a 5k in less than 30 minutes! Congratulations on completing it - especially with the issues.
I just heard Mike's subconscience saying, "I see your schwartz is as big as mine."
Nice job!!
YAY!!!!
Post a Comment