Friday, May 1, 2009

The Fine Nine

What a way to kick off the Mike-Speed “I’m gonna git you sucka” challenge. Nine miles at around 8:57/mile, some a little over 9/min and some a bit under, all in all it’s great for the route I take as it contains two very large hills. It’s a good start, but still a long way to go in order to hit 100 miles. Going to add in 100 situps and 100 pushups later on today to round off a good start.

Also, I’m over 300 miles on my current shoes and already thinking about the next pair. It took a while, but I like the Asics GT-2130, so I’m leaning towards ordering a pair on-line and saving some money. The other option is to head back to the run shop and trying out something else…..Perhaps for the next go-around…

If you guys didn't see the comments on my last post, you've got to read them...Heath and Mike trading jabs :-) You guys crack me up. Although, I think the new dirty word to a Sox fan is "Rays"...... Jus' Say'n...

4 comments:

Justin said...

Love the GT-2130's, but I couldn't find a new pair in size 12 4E wides so I had to go with the GT-2140's (the replacement model).

The 40 seemed stiffer than the 30 when I first got them, but they feel good. I'm 150 miles into the 2140's and I like them. Still like the 30's better. They have a little more give and are CHEAPER.

Good luck finding 2130's.

MikeF. said...

I know Dick's had some left online in certain sizes. For me
size 13 (2E) are mostly special order only. I am really liking my 2140's. I abso-utly loved my 2130's. Nice job on the long run Chris. And you were whinning like a typical Sox fan. And yes the new dirty word for the Sox fan AND Yanks fan is "Rays". I just shutter at the word. Matt Garza HAAAAAAAA!

Rae! said...

Oh you guys!!!! the Yaknees maybe down but they are #1. { i grew up watching them}sorry :)
Shoes... get fitted!!!! And if you can get 2 pair so they do not wear out so fast.Lesson learn.
Nice long one if you do one like that every other day or bunch of small miles you are going to hit a homer!!!

Amanda said...

That's awesome! I can do that speed for a mile, but I may never be able to to do that for 9 miles. Keep up the great work and find a pair of shoes that works well and get a couple of pairs to last a while :)!