Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just like the Amazing Race...I got...


Road Blocked! Although I came to the realization that I wasn't going to hit 100 miles for the month, due to this coming weekends run restriction, there was still a glimmer of hope. Well, the hope is now gone, and to add injury to insult I've got a major blister on my right foot. The blister came from working all weekend on my retaining wall and adjacent landscaping in my old work boots. Needless to say they are not a pair of comfy running shoes.
So I'm limping around work today and hoping to get in at least one run prior to Friday's procedure. If not, I'm going to cut back on the eating and see if I can still elliptical or bike. The bright spot from the weekend is that my retaining wall is nearly complete and I got to use the pool for the first time this year. A chilly 78 degrees, but warming up quickly due to the crazy afternoon sun we get in our backyard.
Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend and celebrated the freedoms we enjoy due to the heroic men and women who gave their lives defending it. We took in the local parade and had a blast. Why is it that I always come near to tears at these things when the band struts by playing whatever patriotic tune they happen to be playing. Love the bass drum beats as well... Good stuff. :-)

2 comments:

Justin said...

I think you're entitled to a pass on the 100-mile challenge. Don't sweat it.

Amanda said...

100 miles or not, you've done an awesome job this month and you still haven't given up! Impressive.

Good luck with your procedure. Take it easy and rest and do what the Dr tells you to do!