Sad to report that my treadmill is moving on to greener pastures and we hardly knew yee... Of course, we told the kids that we dropped it off at a farm in the country so it could hang out and play all day without anyone pounding on the track due to...I don't know....saaaaay, 100 mile Team Voice challenges and such. Yes Mike, you owe me a treadmill! LOL
This puts a serious kink in my 100 mile aspirations for the month as most days I don't have time to get a run in outdoors till the kids go to bed and then have to listen to the monitor. Thus the greatness of the treadmill. Not sure how I'm going to make up the miles yet, but will try to come up with a plan. Not totally out of it yet.... 47.86 to go, BTW.
Thanks for the nice comments on the 5k time. :-) Feels really good to hear that kind of stuff from my peers. Speed wise, I've conditioned myself enough to run that fast for the 5k, but take it down a notch for 10k or more. Hoping to improve on the longer runs as the summer goes on, but I don't really have too much of a plan of attack as of yet. As for Mike-Speed...Nooooo, I'm nowhere near that guy! He put up a 24:4x with a recovering knee.... The 24:19 I put up last year in Wethersfield was just ideal conditions, good warm-up, and energy levels were right. If I drop a couple more pounds I might be able to improve on it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You'll think of something... maybe you could run in place for 30 minutes, haha.
It's in the mail. HAHAHAHA! And Heath "the ring is bobkiss. I found it in a Cracker Jack box."
Sorry to hear about the treadmill. But don't you feel a certain perverse pride in the knowledge that you actually killed a treadmill?
{bowing head} Chris 1, TM 0. I would freak out!! Craigs list i where I found mine.
Maybe not Mike speed ,But your fast. I am trying to catch up to you guys!!! ;)
Mike Speed - you're close enough for me :)! It's awesome to see your times.
You killed a TM - that's amazing. I can't stand running on one let alone be on one enough to kill it. Maybe you could find another one at a yard sale...
I know, you can run in place using a Wii - that way you'll get to see all the pretty scenery as you run ;)
Post a Comment