Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy July!

With Juneathon a total bust for me, I'm focused on what I can do in July to make up for lost time. June wasn't a totaly loss though as I was able to close it out yesterday with a 4 mile run after work. The first two miles being fairly uncomfortable, but caught a groove and finished the last two stronger with times under 9 minutes per mile (8:45's). Still a little rust and a couple of weeks away from a really long run, but feeling relieved. :-)

Sounds like there are a bunch of you that have Disney trips planned this summer, totally jealous BTW, so what are the plans? I'm looking forward to reading about anything new at the world as I'm not heading down till November. I feel a little disconnected from the DW community as of late due to a hiatus on podcast listening.... Part of the problem now is that I can't find my download cable and am too cheap to shell out 30 bucks for a new one! LOL I'm sure it'll turn up. Will have to try and catch-up on the laptop in the meantime.

Oh, and due to Mike's prodding, I went on-line last night and bought another pair of Asics GT-2130's (Amazon.com from Foot Locker). Of course, there was little to no color choice left as they are discontinued in favor of the 2140's, but I didn't mind as they were only $59! Lucky they had my size I suppose (flipper size). The rationale is that I really like my 2130's and have heard all kinds of horror stories on the 2140's. So I figure these will get me through the summer and can go with something else for the Hartford Marathon in the fall.

6 comments:

Justin said...

Lucky dog. I can't find any GT-2130's in my size. I didn't like the 2140's as well at first, but they seem to be holding together better over the long-term. They served me quite well on the Lincoln Marathon.

Nice to see you running again. So you're back on track for the Hartford Marathon?

What training schedule are you going with?

Princess Fee said...

Yay to getting back out there!!! I didn't take part in the Juneathon due to various out-of-internet commitments (dontcha hate real life?! ;)) but I am back with avengence!!

And good luck with the Hartford Marathon training :).

Amanda said...

Great job on the 4mi run. Sounds like you're getting back in the groove!

DebWDW said...

I'm an Asics runner too -- they feel like slippers on my feet. I'm going the week of November 16th! When will you be there?

Matt said...

Juneathon was pretty much a bust for me too. Did well the first half but the heat knocked me out after that. Oh well, I'm back out there now.

I have GOT to get a new pair of shoes. I'm feelin' a trip to Fleet Feet in my future. I'll have to ask them about the Asics.

Oh, and don't be jealous of the Summer Disney trips. November is a MUCH better time to go.

Rae! said...

OK So what do you plan for Jan 2010??
adr's?? Meets??

Happy 4th!!! waving...