

Boy do I ever! Worked from home today which gave me the opportunity for an afternoon run, so I took it. Feeling great, running well, for about 3miles until I felt a little pain in the arch of my right foot. I've been fighting a blister for a couple of runs now, and finally lost the battle! It's not monsterous, nor do I believe it will stop me from running in the coming week (or at least next week in the 3.5mi race), but an annoyance nonetheless. Heading to "The Run In" tomorrow for sure! Not sure if it's the shoes, socks, or what, but something's got to give (almost feels like it could be my socks...not sure why...are there special running socks?).
As I said, got in 5.5 miles till I had to cry uncle and stop due to the foot thing. Averaged 10:31/mi, not bad considering the 4-5 sizeable hills on this route. I'm feeling like I could run 5 miles every day with ease! Of course, my body is telling me differently. We'll have to take the wait and see approach. Perhaps I'm bound for the recumbent bike, arrggghhh, noooo! and so close to finishing the month of a million miles challenge!!! Hey, it ain't over till it's over...
I'm just going through some of my archive pics and posting at random now (if you couldn't tell!). Here's a cool pic of the Jumeirah Beach Hotel in Dubai (looks like a wave). Stayed there on a work trip back in the day, very cool place to visit. The hotel on the same property (Burj Al Arab, shaped like a sail) is known as the #1 hotel in the world....Crown Prince of Dubai owns both, I believe. Amazing fountain and aquarium at the Burj.
3 comments:
I've always kind of sort of, for no particular reason wanted to go to Dubai. Too bad the "U" place is moving in!
As far as blisters go, I'm right there with you! I don't know what I'm going to do if it keeps up.
Running socks made a large difference for me. Lots of different kinds out there. Nike, Wigwam, Champion. Try a pair out, your feet will stay much cooler in your running shoes.
Hey there Chris!
You have some great pictures.
All the hard work you have put into your degree will pay off. Just like all the hard work all of us are putting in to training.
Post a Comment