Ah, the fond memories of summertime! Family get togethers, hanging out with friends, and even more recently; taking the kids to the beach. What do they all have in common? Typically good tasting, fat inducing, food! Since this is the first year of my life that I'm actually training for something it'll be extra tough to try and maintain that healthy eating directive. Not as much from the weight perspective as in the couple of years past, but from a energy perspective. The goal is to maximize the diet in order to generate good "running" energy. Should be interesting, and I'm sure I'll be doing a good amount of reading on the topic :-) Sometimes with the crazy family summer schedule comes a break in routine which is tough where the running in concerned. However, I'm dedicated to run no matter what, any time of the day where I can fit it in and in any conditions! What I also may do is to off-set some of the miles with low impact work such as swimming (when the pool is done) or biking (need a tune-up badly!).
Speaking of low impact, I think it's defintely a need! I've been battling what I think are shin splints but have been icing and truckin' through it. Unfortunatley they aren't getting better, but haven't gotten any worse either…Soooo, who knows. One of the causes I think is the major shift in distance for this month. I've run more and longer than I've ever run, and have added some speed to that as well. So, for July the focus is on keeping up the distance and maintaining speed hoping to level out. Big 10 mile race at the end of July, so I don't want to kill myself prior to that! Also, I'm going to add another 10 mile race/run the following weekend (Sea Legs Shuffle, what a cool name ;-))
Stroller Boy, the winner? Mr. Voice, say it ain't so! I don't want to hear concessions until the 31st!!!! You've been kickin' some butt this month and I'm pretty darn proud that I pestered you enough to help motivate! Actually, more proud of the work you've done this month, you're talking (and hopefully feeling like) a runner/wogger now and hopefully know you can do this thang in January! We know you can, so it's about time YOU know that! Not to get all mushy, but I'm proud of and inspired by the entire team at least once a day. Honestly, it's the reason I've exceeded my goals to date! Team is a much more powerful 4-letter word that one could ever realize.
On a podcast note, I've finally listened to ALL podcasts on my iPOD….Of course it was due to the fact that I haven't been able to download new ones in a week (spammed computer), but who's counting! Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to deal with the computer problem, but plans are already piling up so I'm not confident in that.
Picked up the Muppets 1st season DVD and watched a couple of episodes last night. Hillarious! Anyone notice how Kermit was a total horn-frog? He hits on all the female guests! LOL Never really noticed that before….
Stick with your plans, Team Voice, don't get lulled to sleep by the lazy summer days, heat, etc. Eric from MouseGuest puts it best, I think, with his show wrap-up "Always follow your dreams and you'll never be lost"….
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
MMMM Beer stay focused. MMMM Chicken BBQ stay focused. MMMM Dole Whip Alright that'a it! Sorry could not resist.
I think everyone has enjoyed the Juneathon! Can't wait to see what you and Jonathan come up with next!
Post a Comment