Thursday, June 19, 2008

To Run Or Not To Run...THAT is the question..

Picture - Obviously, Rodin's "The Thinker"...Saw this in person when in Paris. The indoor/outdoor museum is one of the quietest places I've ever been...suppose everyone is "thinking"!

Still wishy-washy on whether to run this 1/2 marathon Sunday morning. Looks like the perfect course for a first timer as it's described as fairly flat and fast (no comments from the peanut gallery...:-)). I'd like to run it just at a normal training pace to get the mileage in, and a feel for the distance. However, being the competitive S.O.B that I apparently am, I'd probably burn myself out trying to run it like it was a 5k. Ugh, if I could just shut that off for a morning! LOL I'm leaning towards running it at this point, but we'll see (yesterday evening I was NOT going to do it...). Maybe I'll put up a poll for y'all on the site.


DVC-hole-in-the-backyard project is moving right along. The interior is 99% complete where concrete is concerned. Not sure of the next steps but I think they'll be hooking up the mechanicals, finishing the electrical work, putting in the liner, and then final decking work. Still possible that we'll be done by the end of June, but my guess is that it'll spill into July. Weather has been horrible round here, so that might push it back as well. Great for running (cool), but not so good for pool building.


Training-wise. Mileage is good, not outstanding. Was shooting for 100 run miles this month, but at this pace I may fall a little bit Mongello (ba-dum-dum). My goal for pace was to run 9:30/mi or less and I've been sub-9min for most of my runs (between 9-9:30 for the 9+mile runs). Still have a good amount of time to slowly progress that. Need to carve out some time and do interval training at least once a week. MGreene suggested a regiment for that, and I think I'll give it a go. Just need to figure out when I can get to the track....


Oh, and don't laugh tooooo hard at my horrid attempt at singing! Perhaps there will be some kind of divine intervention and as soon as Jonathan and Bryan listen to the v-mail it'll disappear! LOL

5 comments:

Rae! said...

Well at least you won't get swept. Run Forest Run!!!!! lol

mgreene said...

I think it would be a good baseline point for - you can then track your progress leading up to the WDW 1/2. Sounds like you already have a pretty good base built up, so IF you don't go out too fast, prolly won't be a problem for you.

Rae! said...

Hey I posted over on the Dis boards about the battle here. lol

Chris said...

Oh no you dit'ent!?? Ha! No really, those people are lunatics over there! :-) (one of the reasons I like the DisBoards actually....

[rich] said...

half is good - if you haven't ran it before, it's an eye opener :-)

keep up te great work, I don't know how you all run so much in the hat (error).