So I was pretty psyched about my 5k time from Sunday and mentioned it to a couple of friends. One of which I ran my first 5k with back in March. Instead of a "great time/job" I get "were there any hills?". He's asked me this every race I've run since the one I ran with him. Granted, the courses have been fairly flat, but geeez I think the improvement in my times has been dramatic since March! 31:38 to 24:19.....May really not be all that significant, but for a guy who could barely run for 5 minutes at a time in Feb, I'm thrilled that the effort I've put in is paying off. Really want to get into a race with this friend of mine so I can blow his doors off ;-)
So, to my topic, I love this group of people cause you guys really "get it". It's not about one up'n each other, it's about celebrating in each others triumphs (and even the low points...), regardless of where we're all at individually. I think this friend took it as a personally attack, like I was shoving it in his face or something....Anyhoo, it was bothering me, so I thought I'd vent a bit. As always, thanks for listening!
No run today, need the rest as I was still feelin' the 9 miler from Friday. Not sure how much I'm going to get in tomorrow yet as I'm in another work training class for the next three days. Perhaps a treadmill run tomorrow evening, but we'll see if I can't sneak outside prior to sunset. I'm also setting a new goal for push ups and sit ups for June. Blew away the 1600 of each goal from May (2150pu/1840su), so I'm going to set the bar high and go for 2000 of each in June! Felt it first hand how imporant the core muscles are during my 9 miler last week, so it's a focus for this month.
Hoping nothing major is wrong with Jonathan's ankle! Really looking forward to taking this mileage battle till the end of the month! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"Sniff, Sniff I love you man." What we are not in compatition with each other?:) Chris great job on the sit/push up. I slacked a little this month because I was being too carefull with my training leading up the Buffalo half. I am back on track now though with the situps.
A 7 minute drop in 5K time since March is an incredible improvement!
"I love this group of people cause you guys really "get it". It's not about one up'n each other..."
This from the guy who threw down the gauntlet with Dichter??
Just kidding, I get the difference. You have done awesome so far and your improvement is inspiring.
Post a Comment