Tuesday, May 12, 2009

68.89 to go...

Up to 31.11 for the month thus far. Took the last two days off from running but itching to get some miles in. Hopefully I'll get some work tonight on the treadmill as I just don't have the time at work to get one in and definitely don't have the time right when I get home from work.

First 5k race of the year coming up this Sunday. Kinda excited to get back into an event, but at the same time I'm thinking I might end up sick. Kids are sick now (same exact time as last year) and I'm starting to feel it a little more than just the alergies. I recall running this same race last year when I could barely breathe and ended up having to take two weeks off from running due to it (Still ran just over 26 minutes... ;-)). I'd like to put up a good time here, but will have to guage it with the lungs, weather, etc. Plenty more races around here during the summer, so I'm not worried about it. My wife is going to run this one again as well. Her knee and foot have been acting up a little bit due to ramping up on the mileage, but she's feeling pretty good about this one. Long way to January is what I keep telling her.

Other notes... Pool is opening this Friday, pretty psyched about that and having another mechanism for cross-training. Still have alot of work to do on the ol' retaining wall project. The paver base and pavers are sitting in my driveway, so I've got to clean up the trench from all the rain and such and get the base in. Hoping to have it near complete by this weekend, but will see what the priorites du jour bring.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

26min 5k - I'm jealous! Take care of yourself.