Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Closing in on 100

Got another run in prior to lunch and had none of the dizzyness issues I felt yesterday (thankfully). Kept the pace slow again and only watched my heart rate zone. Oddly enough I was faster than I had been the past couple of runs, but kept my heart rate the same or lower for the most part. The article I posted the other day seemed very logical, but I didn't really expect to see results this quickly. Of course, I'm tempering my expectations as 3 runs is not exactly conclusive data. :-)

So I ended up with 5.25 miles bringing me up to 82.53 for the month. I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm thinking about a 15 mile goal for my long run and trying to get it in after work on Friday. The weather here is great and getting better (sunny and cooler) as the week goes on. Looking like high 60's/low 70's for Friday down by the CT shoreline, perfect!

Still thinking about my plan for January and potential ADR's.... I'm thinking Mama Melrose for Friday early evening as we're planning on spending most of the day at DHS, any reviews from T.V. out there? Still not sure about the ADR for post race....probably in Epcot though as the plan is to spend whatever is left of the day there. Perhaps give Le Cellier another try. I wasn't overly impressed with the prime rib, but everything else was great (including the company...Heath, Bill, and my buddy Chris). Ahh, the memories ;-)

5 comments:

Craig Wheeler said...

Mama Melrose's is good. Don't expect authentic Italian, but it is definitely better than Olive Garden. Our favorite is the pasta with vodka sauce. The flatbreads are good, too.

Rae! said...

We haven't been to either one. Make a plan and we can go.
Good job onn the monthly miles. I am soooooooooo far off this month.
E found the keys. IN a spot I didn't think of looking. I think someone was trying to be sneaky.
Still hot as you know what here.
Thanks!!! :)

MikeF. said...

Have not eaten at Mama Melrose since '99. It was ok. Great job on the mileage this month. Mine is low because my lower body is killing me. Oh the day my inserts are back will be a great day.

[rich] said...

Pasta and vodka sauce :-P yum!

Nice work on the runs - I'm just catching up on the blogs. Back out there but with the aid of 2 wheels ;-)

Amanda said...

I've been to Mama Melrose's and really enjoyed it.