Thursday, August 20, 2009

Half Marathon Fully Booked!

The final piece outstanding for our January trip was booking a hotel. I really wanted to rent DVC points again for a stay at the Beach Club Villas or Boardwalk Villas, but there just wasn't availability at either place. Definitely not a lack of people who were willing to rent points. Really love that option as it's a huge savings over rack rates at some of the best Disney properties. I paid 180 a night for a "studio" at the Beach Club for the Half this past January. The rack rate for a similar room was over 300/nt.

Anyhoo, I have been checking the Swan/Dolphin rates for a couple of months now and found my buying point last night. The rates were holding steady around 260/nt for the past couple of months, but dropped pretty dramatically at the Dolphin. 142/nt (plus tax and such)....SOLD! I realize there are better deals out there (Pop-X resorts), but we really wanted to stay in the Boardwalk area. Just love the location (not to mention my love for the Studios :-)).

Looking forward to making ADR's for this trip now.

Training: Long run still planned for this weekend (perhaps tomorrow morning if I can get myself out of bed....), but planning a nice easy. low paced, run this afternoon. I've put in around 12 miles so far this week and should finish in the 24-26 mile range depending on the long run distance (minimum 10 miles).

2 comments:

MikeF. said...

I believe Bryan speaks pretty good of the Swan/Dolphin. I will be at Saratoga this year. I'm kinda bummed because I too wanted to stay at the Beach club again this next trip. But I did not want to use the points needed for my trip.

Amanda said...

Can't wait to hear what you think about the resort. I agree that it's a great location - especially for the races!