You've heard the phrase 'Run like you stole something", well, I had an interesting twist on that yesterday. Left for my 5 mile run and also left a pot with boiling water (or at least it WOULD be boiling soon) on the stove. Had set it up so when my wife got back from the store it would be set to get some macaroni boiling for a picnic we were going to (time was running short, thus the pre-boiling). So I left for the run and didn't turn it down a little like I had planned...not knowing how long she was going to take at the store, crazy thoughts started to enter my mind at about mile 1. So, I started to pick up the pace as I had the house on fire (in my mind) by mile 2. Needless to say I only put in 3.3 miles, but did average a pace in the 7:50 range. Hmmmmm, maybe I'm on to something here.... LOL
Anyhoo, the house was fine (huge pot filled 3/4 of the way so it probably could have boiled for an hour without issue) and I was bummed that I didn't get my full run in. I'm technically off today, but think I might get a treadmill run in this evening. The one issue I'm having is in my right leg. Had this same issue when I cranked up the miles last year in June. Painful, yes, but something I worked through then and will continue to work through now. With the full marathon coming pretty quickly (Oct 10) I've got to add some miles to that long run and plan to this week. 10-12 is the goal, and then 13.1 the following week. 15-17 once I hit Sept. I'm not looking for speed at all in my first full marathon, just looking to finish (and would love to actually run the whole thing).
Someone asked about the ADR's we made for Nov. One is for Chef Mickey's with the whole family (like 12 of us I think). Another is for the couple of days we have prior to the extended family arriving (Cape May CafĂ© since we’re staying at the Beach Club). I’m looking to add a couple of more, one for the studios…Mulling over Sci-Fi or not since Jeff W. was less than impressed when he just went. Any experience’s at Mama Melrose with younger kids (2, 5)? Want to try it, but wasn’t sure if it’s the best choice at the studios with the kids. Another one I’m thinking about is a “guy’s night out” at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Would like to take my father/brother in-law out for a nice steak and this seems like the place to do it (without having to go into a park). Yeah, I know it’s pricey…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The wife and I are doing our anniversary dinner at Yachtsman in a few weeks. Just remember, there is a bit of a dress code. I don't know if that is a deterent or not. This will be my first time eating there so I'll let you know what a I think after we go. The nice thing about a guys dinner there is, you can start or end at ESPN and catch some football. Although, I hear it's tough to get in during an Eagles game, apparently they're popular...I have no idea why??
I'm learning a lot about what makes people run fast. Visions of burning homes. Having pop bottles being thrown at you.
Now, how can I use this information? Hmmmm.
We are doing Sci Fi this September for the first time in about 10 years. I don't remember anything about the food. It must not have been all that memorable. However, after all these years, all I remember is the cool atmosphere of the place. It's an experience. I'll let you know about the food.
Glad to hear the house was fine - but I don't know if I could accidentally leave items 'on' around the house to make me run faster...lol But who knows!
And sounds like good ADRs - I would love to eat at the Yachtsman...next time I go with my father I'd love to take him there (he loves his steak!).
Oh that's horrible - thinking your house is going to burn down. Yikes! Great pace though :)!
Love Yachrsman - I'll be there in a couple of weeks enjoying a fabulous meal. I like Sci-Fi, but I think it's the atmosphere that gets me, but I've never had bad food there. I also like Mama Melrose and I think you'd be fine with kids there. It a casual atmosphere.
P.S. No worries about you profile pic being in the same location as mine. I'm hoping for a new one in a couple of weeks too!
Post a Comment