Wednesday, September 23, 2009

16..16...16...16 days gotta get it done..

For all you High School Musical fans, the whole “Now or Never” song which I felt was appropriate for my mood counting down to the Hartford marathon.  So, 16 more days to my first marathon attempt and I’m calm but the excitement is building for sure.  Added to that, I just received my new gel pack holder for the run.  It’s really just a glorified fanny pack (man I hate that word) that holds your race day gels, powerbars, etc.  It also has a neat little pocket that holds the sticky empty packs as well.

4.3 miles at a faster pace yesterday (8:23 average) and the knee continued to feel better as well as the shin splints feeling bearable and no need for extra icing or pain reliever.  Slow paced medium length run on tap for the weekend at some point (probably Sunday), I’m thinking about 8-10 miles.  My running during the week will alternate between quicker tempo runs, medium interval runs, and slower recovery type runs.  I should still hit the 100 mile mark for Sept without pressing it and I’m close to my SU/PU goal of 1500 each.

 

Run Miles for Sept: 81.9

PU: 1010

SU: 910

4 comments:

MikeF. said...

FANNY PACK FANNY PACK FANNY PACK FANNY PACK.

OK is that enough? I could go on no really I could.

Glad to hear the knee is healing and shins are bearable. I know I will not hit the mileage for the month and I am a little upset about that. But life will go on right.

MikeF. said...

My biggest concern is when Lynch comes back after the Saints game. Jackson is running like a beast right now. I just hope they are able to incorporate them both smoothly. My only concern with Jackson is he will put the ball on the ground at least once a game. He has fumbled in both games so far and lost one. Lynch is the future of that club though. Jackson I believe will be the dreaded 30yr old NFL running back next year. As for your Eagles. The Chiefs are awful. Matt "I wish I still had Moss and Welker" Cassell is not as good as people think. I say chaulk up a win for the Eagles. Your defense will come around. I would worry about that rookie F.S. of theirs. From what I hear he is a liability. Can you say Brian Dawkins?

Rae! said...

What gel pack holder did you get? Or should we say fuel belt?? haha
And for the shins get the K tape.Or athletic tape. It is some great stuff. I got mine at Sports Authority. It comes with instructions. Chai seeds.{like the chai pet} Get some raw chai seeds and if you can carry a gel flask you can mix your gels and the seeds. The seeds will turn into a gel with no taste or flavor, and in this form they are a complex carbohydrate and you body will use it as fuel, and you will not burn it off as fast.
So this will be your first full??

Amanda said...

Woohoo - sounds like you are ready to go. Great job training, you'll do great.