Only one entrant for this years "Wishing I were running in Disneyland" event, but a determined entrant at that! This years race start time was 12:44p, under sunny skies and 80+ degree heat (ick). Below are the results for our runner. He finished 1 out of 1, 1st in his age group, and 1st overall!! Way to go!
Chris Cullen (34M) 2:02:10
________________________________
So I decided this morning to run the half marathon distance that our Team Voice folks would be running this weekend. The issue is that I should have run it in the morning... Would have, but had two meetings on the calendar (of which one of them blew me off...). Heat/sun made for tough sledding this time out and about 80% of the course is wide open in the sun (ugh). Granted, I ran 3 half's faster than this, but they were also run very early in the morning in 50-60 degree temps. Ran about 7-8 miles in my heart rate range, but my body wasn't comfortable (probably due to the extra time in the sun), so I picked up the pace a little till I felt a comfortable pace. Run the long one's in the morning..lesson learned. I think the next long run will be in 2 weeks and will be a 20 miler (probably a 7am start). 9:21 average mile, Below are the splits.
Mile 1 - 8:48
Mile 2 - 9:01
Mile 3 - 9:21
Mile 4 - 9:15
Mile 5 - 9:28
Mile 6 - 9:37
Mile 7 - 9:36
Mile 8 - 9:51 (Long winding hill)
Mile 9 - 9:18
Mile 10 - 9:32
Mile 11 - 9:28
Mile 12 - 9:05
Mile 13 - 9:12
Mile .1 - :01
Walked a mile home from the "finish" (in the sun the whole way...now I'm all sunburt! :-))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome Chris. Great job!
Congrats on winning your race! Ha ha! Seriously though, excellent time!
You are amazing. Great job with this!
Post a Comment