Monday, September 28, 2009

93.2 - Almost there

7 wet miles last evening. I don't mind running in the light rain, but the issue is with the feet. The shoes are so "venty" that they also allow alot of moisture in, at least I think that was the issue. Have the start of a blister under one of my toes as a result, but it's not a major problem and won't hamper my efforts. The one note I took here is how consistent I was in time on this one. With the hills on my runs I typically vary in mile times up to 30 seconds. I was between 8:55 and 9:05 every mile. Just the way it worked out I suppose. Anyhow, it was a very comfortable run and probably not too far off the pace I plan to run the marathon at (12 days). Looking somewhere in the vicinity of a 9:15 average for the marathon, but will judge it as I run it. On that note, I took the kids for a ride over the weekend to checkout the marathon course. It's nearly as flat as it is described to be, which is great! Some slow incline/declines, but should be very condusive to keeping a good pace. There is one large hill, at mile 22 which could be trouble, but it's still not half of pretty much any hill where I run now... Of course, after 22 miles of running it will look like Everest I'm sure. LOL

Update: Added a couple more on the treadmill to bring me to 95.25 and have some time blocked tomorrow afternoon to finish off another 100+ mile month, woohoo. I'm also going to finish my PU/SU challenge of 1500 just over my goal for each.

3 comments:

MikeF. said...

So what is that "hill" really just a speed bump? :) Me I love running in the rain. It keeps me nice and cool. Since my body uses a lot of energy just to keep cool I feel like I can go longer and faster when I am in the rain. Rain does the cooling for me.

And what did I tell you about your Eagles. They are going to be just fine. And how bad did Vick look. You could tell he is very very rusty.

MikeF. said...

So did you get there?

Amanda said...

I need some of your motivation :)!