Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9 on 9/9/09

Didn't actually plan it this way, but laughed when I realized it. Just ran 9 miles this afternoon on a beautiful afternoon here in CT. Mid-70's, breezy, and then there was my lead legs. The first four miles were extremely difficult for me due to two things 1) I took the mondo-hill route and 2) My legs were so stiff it felt like I was running with lead pipes attached to them. Knew I'd loosen up at some point and finally did around 4.5 miles into it. After that, everything was grand. Averaged 9:26 right in the heart rate range I wanted to. This is where I want to be for the marathon run and think it'll be very easily possible given that the course won't be as brutal (hardly any elevation minus one large hill at mile 22) and it's an 8am start time in October which should be optimal weather-wise.

NFL football tomorrow night, I know at least one other Team Voicer that is as psyched as I am!!! That's right, give me some love Mike-Speed!!! :-) Steelers/Titans I believe, should be a great defensive match-up.

Status
Run Miles for Sept = 42.6
PU's = 400
SU's = 380

3 comments:

MikeF. said...

Great job on the miles so far for the month. Keep it up. And I am totally pumped for the football season finally starting. Too bad I will be at work when the game is on. Good thing we have that little known device called a radio.

MikeF. said...

Monday night is going to be a disaster. I see a 4-12 5-11 season. Sam Bradford here we come. And with the first pick in the NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select....

Amanda said...

Hate those runs where the legs are stiff and heavy. Glad you got through it!