“Weeeeee’ve traveled back in time…..so-far, we haven’t found any signs of life…..but if I have to tear this universe a new black hole, I will…cause I’ve GOT TOOOO MISTERRRR”. For no other reason than I love that scene in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective…..
17 days to go till 26.2. Since this one is my first run of that distance I’m not going to say that I’m ready cause I just don’t know till I give it a go. Do I believe that I put in the work in order to succeed? Yes, I can honestly say that I don’t think I really could have trained all that much more to prepare myself for this. Although I didn’t follow a formal marathon plan, I had taken what I’ve read about a number of them and incorporated them into my own philosophy matched with the time I had available to train. Feel like that was the best of both worlds and something I could be happy with going into race day.
The knee is okay, although I do still feel it the slightest bit when walking up a long flight of stairs. Bottom line, it’ll be all set come Oct.10 as I’m not going to push the speed or distance all that much in the coming days. My focus is to keep a certain rhythm going, and to slim down a little more. In the slim down category I’d like to lose 3-4 lbs and think it’s very doable while still keeping my “fuel” levels high. Basically, time to cut out the late night snacking on fatty stuff. I’ve realized that this has been keeping where I am, on the scale, but haven’t really cared all that much till now.
With that, are there any other big events coming up for Team Voicers in October? I know it’s typically a big race month around the country, so I was curious. I know Justin is gearing up for the Lincoln Marathon but not sure when that is, or if that’s the right one. J Any others?
No comments:
Post a Comment