As for the 5k I ran this morning, all I gotta say till this evening is.....Mike-Speed....
Just watched Manny hit 501....hope you were watchin', Heath!
Just watched Manny hit 501....hope you were watchin', Heath!
_____________________________________________________
Update: So, I felt 100% more ready for this race today, although the legs were still a little tired from the 9 miles on Friday. One thing I did different was during warm up. The last couple of races I just kinda hung out and stretched till the thing started. This one, I waited till 30 min prior and ran .6 miles at an easy pace (5.5mph according to the Garmin) and then stretched fully. This brought me right up till race time and I felt warmed up and loose. Started quick for the first 2/10, but settled in so as not to burn myself out. The quick start is actually very good to break out of the pack a little bit (not too much in my case, but it helped). Caught a good groove and stayed pretty steady throughout. Felt some tiredness the last 3/4 of a mile, but shook it off and kept pace with a young kid (13 years old) all the way to the finish. This is the funny part... I passed the 13 year old with about a 1/4 mile left only to hear the crowd start cheering near the finish...yeah, not cheering for me but the kid who started to sprint up to me....So, being the competitive S.O.B that I am, I turned on the jets, passed him back and beat him by a couple of seconds (Garmin said I hit 12mph, but who knows) ;-) The crowd lit up when I turned it on...too funny, half were probably rooting for the kid and the others were like "c'mon old guy!!!" Gave them all a little bit of a thrill, lol!
Here's the result..... 3.1 miles in 24:19 (7:53/mi average I think). So, if running miles count for the challenge, then I've put in 3.7 for the day. 3.1 for the race and .6 for the warm up run. I'll take a screen shot of the ol' Garmin output when I'm on that laptop (in the basement).
Now.. do you smell what Stroller-Boy is cookin'? :-)
8 comments:
Nice job bangin' out another 5k!! And heck yeah I saw 501...best part is...they've finally decided to start winning again!!
Great time Chris. I can not wait to beat it when I am all healed. ;)
LOL, thanks Mike. :-) Hey, I'm fully expecting you to put up a better time! The better you do, the more it drives me, so giddyup!
Great job Chris!! You've got your miles competition going on with Jonathan, and a speed competition going on with Mike. Now all you need is an abs competition, and you'll be set!!
Mahvelous, simply mahvelous!!!
Nice miles :-)
Check out the stroller boy logo:
http://joggerblogger.wordpress.com/
Another Stroller Boy logo, ha! The disboards folks went nuts on this one as well...not going to share those though! :-b
Great job!!!
I love all the miles going around.And when we ALL do the 5k's We ALL can see the progress we have made from training.
I am glad you can see the progress to.
Keep it up.
Post a Comment