Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Training Update

Ran 5 miles yesterday, 8:30/mi pace. Laps were 8:20, 8:29, 8:35, 8:32, 8: 34....From what I remember anyhow as it downloaded off the watch and I haven't checked that computer yet. Sore in right "cheek" region. Need to stretch it out better, for one, but this has developed as a theme as of the past few weeks. Happened once before with my old shoes, but the ones I'm running on now took care of it. I'm at about 350 miles on these and wondering if they are breaking down on me.... Thought that wouldn't happen till around 450 or so, but it is what it is I guess. Like this model, so I may just order the same pair on-line to save a couple of bucks (let me know if any of you have experience with this and think it's a bad idea...the on-line thing...).

Hartford Marathon/Half-Marathon Information - http://www.hartfordmarathon.com/marathonnew.htm

Elevation and course map - http://www.hartfordmarathon.com/marathonnew/race_information/half_marathon/coursemap.htm

Note - In the last couple of miles of this race we get to run down Park Street in Hartford.....This is the street made famous by it's residents allowing a man to die in the middle of the street while cars and spectators passed by... Made the national news earlier in the year. WooHoo! Just not a very good spot for running, walking, driving through with a bullet-proof car, tank, etc. Hey Rae, do those Team Voice shirts come in kevlar? ;-) If I run fast enough I'll be through there before anyone gets out of bed...good motivation!

1 comment:

DebWDW said...

Sounds like Mike-speed!