The summer is officially over for me today as I get back to it and head into the final stretch of my MBA program. Somehow I knew going into June that the summer would fly by leaving me to say only this "wow, summer really flew by". Very profound... :-) and No, I didn't even get to try a triple lindy off my roof and into the pool....how disapointing.
In any event, I'm at 53.85 run miles for September and plan to take a couple of days off prior to the big 20 miler on Friday (I'm targeting Friday at the moment, but subject to change). This is going to sound strange, but the upper part of my lower legs is aching and feels like it needs some rest and perhaps ice. From everything I've read I should be taking it down a notch prior to a long run like that anyhow. If I get home from school early enough, I may do 2-3 on the treadmill, but will take the next couple of days off.
How's Team Voice feeling out there? Some are in recovery from the DL half and the others are gearing up for WDW half/full/Goof.... I know I'm starting to feel more and more anxious/excited about Jan now that the temps are slowly dropping here in New England. Going to creep up on us fast folks, so start hitting those training plans and working more consistently toward your core and strength training! I'm back to SU's and PU's everyday again and it feels good.
Let's give some love to Bryan out there as he very quietly trains for the WDW full marathon in Jan! He can hide, but can he run? ha! Also to Justin who I believe is going to Goof it up in Jan. When does this guy have time to do that lawyering thing....jeeez! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Believe me, this lawyering gig takes all my attention some days. It hit me like a ton of bricks on Sunday afternoon. Wham!
We are only 116 days away from the WDW Half Marathon and 117 away from the Full! I'm starting to get excited! Unlike Disneyland, you get to run down Main Street U.S.A. at Walt Disney World! I think that was the missing element from running through Disneyland last week.
What's this about you dropping hints that you're doing the Goofy in 2011? You didn't strike me as the demented type. Looks like I was wrong.
Welcome aboard the 2011 Goofy Train!
Freaking Leodis McKelvin!!!! I will leave it at that. Eagles sign Jeff Garcia. I wonder how long McNabb will be out? Hope it's not too long. But at least you have a great defense.
Great job on the mileage and sit ups and push ups so far for the month. Also good luck on the 20 miler. Seeing what you and Justin have been doing has really helped me get back into my running grove.
Looks like September training is one train. Welcome back to school!
Post a Comment