Friday, May 9, 2008

2 Days...

Two days, but really...I sent in my final paper and filled out the course evaluation, so as it was so eloquently said in Don't tell Mom the babysitter's dead...."The dishes are DONE man!" LOL

As with everyone else, it seems, I've been auditioning different shoes out. Think I may have found a good long term pair, but will need to break them in a little prior to claiming victory (or for the Stewie fan's "Victory is Mine!!" Sorry Rae, I know you don't watch Family Guy, but Mike and Matt seem to like it ;-)

Thanks for the well wishes in the 5k, although I've actually got another week to go prior to that one (the 18th). My wife...no wait...I really should be using her name... Lorraine keeps telling me that she almost doesn't want me to run with her, which of course makes me WANT to run with her! LOL Thought it might be reverse psycho-mo-whatchamacallit but I honestly don't think she wants me to. Oh well, so much for trying to be nice. On my 5 mile run the other day I checked my 3.1 time just to see what I should shoot for, and it was right around 27min so maybe shoot for 26? I dunno, it's all new to me. My last 5k I put up a 31:34 or something, so the speed is definitely not something I've figured out yet. Hey, I'm not complaining at all. Really happy that I've stuck with this and making as much progress as I have. It feels good! :-) Now I really want to get some longer runs in. Hoping to get an 8miler in Sunday perhaps, but we'll see. Yea, I know it's mothers day, thus the "we'll see" :-)

On a Disney note, we got our ADR's today for our November trip. Breakfast at CRT and Chef Mickey's. The CRT reservation is prior to park opening, which I've heard is a good thing..we'll see. We'd do more, but staying off-site and do alot of meals at the house. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to Chef Mickey's after hearing alot of praise.

Heath - Hope your surviving the weekend with the little one ;0) I learned that with one, you find it's fairly enjoyable....when you have two, it's like "oh my god, when are these kids going to bed, I need a beer!" LOL

3 comments:

Heath said...

Thanks Chris. The weekend is going well. Delaney is down for a nap right now and I'm getting caught up on a few things. Good luck with the long run this week. Narragansett will be here before you know it!!

Matt said...

What the Deuce? Rae doesn't watch Family Guy?

MikeF. said...

I need a beer with just one. Well in my case a glass of wine.