Monday, May 12, 2008

Bump in the Road

Hey all, apologies for being absent the past couple of days. The sickness that I've been carrying around for about a week is starting to get worse. Felt fine last week, was able to get in my normal runs without incident. Well, I'm having a hard time walking of stairs today so it's a day off from running for sure (wish it was from work as well!).

New shoe update: I've run in the new New Balance 767's, but I'm not impressed. They feel flat, almost as if my feet are just wrapped in canvas or something, little support. I typically hate Nike's, but the ones I've been running in feel like a supportive platform for my feet, just too short! I think I may head back to the shoe shop and have them order the Nike's they had me try on. The reason I didn't do this to begin with is cause it felt a little weird (the one he had me try on) in the ball of my right foot. However, they were size 13 (one size too big). He just wanted me to get a general idea of the feel to see if I wanted them. I'm guessing that the ones in my size would work out better. I never realized how difficult it was to pick out shoes! Always just bought them off the rack (clearance at that!) and went... Okay, so I never ran for distance, or at all till Feb of this year, so that's probably why I never developed issues. With the shoes that is, mentally, I'm a mess. :-) Got the 5k coming up this Sunday and will probably just use the shoes I've been running in. Says it's a flat course so my toes should be fine, but we'll see.

Well, school is officially over! Woohoo! At least for my B.A. that is. MBA starts in the fall, and work wants me to get my business analysis certification, so I suppose the education really never stops. Which is good, I enjoy class for the most part it's just the time committment that's killer!

Weather looks cold this week here in CT, lovely, my neck is going to freeze up on me again....Problem from whiplash I sustained in a car wreck back in 1993. Whenever the weather shifts 5-10 degrees in a day or so, my neck muscles freeze up. It's not easy being green...;-)

Hope everyone else on T.V. is doing fab, I'm sure I'll get out to y'alls blogs todays at lunchs times. I do have to procure myself a T.V. shirt soon so I can wear it at some of the races on my schedule...get some pictures to put up on the blog'n site.

4 comments:

Rae! said...

Where are you going for shoes??
It sounds like they are not fitting you right at all. They are suppose to put you on a tread mill to see how you feet are striking the ground,and watch you walk around to make sure your ankles are not turning in. Check your arch. Then they can tell also by the way your shoes are broken down.
You could be setting yourself up for an injury.

Rae! said...

Oh yes no running till the cold gets better. Don't stress your lungs.

DebWDW said...

Hang in there, Chris! Keep trying on shoes until you put your feet in some that just feel like they were made for you. Mike just bought some new Asics, which is what I wear too. They just fit me so well, I hardly have to break them in. Keep trying!

Matt said...

What kind of Nike's were they? Were they shocks? I'm seriously considering them. I usually use New Balance, but since I've been training in them I don't think they are very good.

Get Well!