Sunday, May 18, 2008

5K-a-palooza

Looks like some of you have already posted the results from the various 5/10ks run today. Mine, well, didn't feel good running today. I've had this lingering chest congestion/cough that apparently was a little more than a mere annoyance. Breathing was pretty hard due to this (remember, I'm asthmatic). However, I was able to get into somewhat of a groove by 2mi and finish fairly strong. Not exactly "Mike-Speed", but it was in the back of my mind :-) Ended up finishing with a 26:13, MUCH better than the 5k I ran back in March (31:38) but a little slower pace than the 3.5 miler run a few weeks ago. No worries, glad I finished and thinking about what I can do to improve. Can't wait till I can get the new shoes out on the track for some real running, that'll help I'm pretty sure.

Well, gotta run (no pun intended) and tend to the kids! Hope everyone else had a great race day overall! Congratulations Deb for finishing your first 5k and on beating your time goal as well!

5 comments:

MikeF. said...

Chris that's great to hear you pushed through the cold and finished strong. Keep moving forward!

Rae! said...

Holy Cats!! it's a three for all!!! Awesome on the 5k.

Jeff W said...

26:13 is still a fantastic 5K time.
Well done. Glad you where able to push through it.
Congrats...

Heath said...

Nice time Chris!! I'm hoping to shave some time off my pace in time for the next race. Gotta catch up to you gazelles.

DebWDW said...

Maybe it's time to take a break and let your body get over it's illness! Don't overdo and get sicker!!