Sunday, May 4, 2008

May Maturation

Update (9:16pm): Took my first step toward this months goal. Ran 4 miles in 37:53 (9:28 average), and not too bad actually. I live on a hill so anywhere I run around here is up and down, up and down... So I'm happy to see that I still got under the 9:30/mi that I was shooting for, despite the hills. Taking tomorrow off from running, had enough this weekend! Also, gotta give a shout out to Rae for completing the Minnie! Gotta feel great about that one, riding the confidence train. :o) So, take us there Rae, only 8 months left (if I'm counting that right)!

So, the official result of the L&M Spring Stride (3.5 mile) has me finishing at 29:00. A full 3 seconds better than I thought, ha! I'm still really happy with this result as I hadn't run an 8:17 mile in general throughout my training, let alone achieve that pace over 3.5 miles. What that makes me think is that I've been babying myself a bit and probably could kick the training up a notch. So, the "May Maturation" is just that, time to mature my training to a point where I'm able to hold a faster pace as well as maturing the distance I can run. Time to kick off the training wheels I guess!

Here's my plan. 3 or 4 mid-level runs @ 9.5 minute/mi pace per week; one longer run of 5-8 miles per week; 1 10 mile run by the end of the month.

Also, 1600 push-ups and 1600 sit-ups for the month.

With my final undergrad class wrapping up this week (final paper already turned in) I should be able to reclaim a little bit of time to devote to training. Also, I can get my long run in on Friday afternoon's as our company observes "summer hours" (almost like a half-day Friday concept) so I'll be able to cut out at noon for a long run down the shoreline (sweeet!).

On the Disney front, I'm able to start making ADR's this week for our Nov. trip, woohoo! Only planning two or three as we're staying in a house off-site. Looking to get in to Chef Mickey's and do the Cinderella's Royal Table again (daughter loved it last time). My parents are thinking about staying with us, so hopefully they'll offer to babysit one night so the wife and I can get out. Heard awesome stuff about Portobello Yacht Club, but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Picture of daughter at last CRT trip: Now she's wishing for our ADR's to be granted ;-)

4 comments:

Heath said...

What a cute pic. I'll be interested to see how your new training plan goes. Sounds like a lot of running, but with the time you put up in the 5k, it sounds like you're up to the challenge.

Heath said...

sorry...not 5k...3.5 miles...even more impressive...and I made the correction on my post as well.

Chris said...

I'm a raving lunatic, aren't I Heath...next time I'll keep the mouth/keyboard closed! :-) Thanks for humoring me! LOL

Rae! said...

She is sooooo cute!!!!

Thanks for the shout out!!! Your time is awesome. Yes I suggest the hills. The overpasses were killer.

And your fast!!!!