Friday, May 16, 2008

The Right Stuff...


Picture - My Sam, and his sister Shadow. Just got caught up on Jonathan's blog and realized he has a mirror image of my cat! Too Funny.
OOOoooooooooOOOOOO. So, I'm working from home today and watching the NBC morning show. That was my first mistake. They typically have live music acts on Friday, and who's the feature this week? New Kids on the Block? What the....Didn't they turn into the BackStreet Boys or something? I just had to laugh watching this train wreck! LOL All the 30-somethings standing there, screaming in the pouring rain....Listening made me think "wow, these guys are like N'Sync, but without the (dare I say it) "talent". Alllllllrighty then! (and WHY do I have Weird Al in my head all day now..."You got the white stuff...baaby, in the middle of an OR-E-OOoooo"

Enough of that though. So I'm dubbing this weekend "Race Weekend - Team Voice Style" since almost all of us have a local race. I'll be looking for those results folks, so git 'em up early! ;-) Also, let us all know how you feel, how was the experience, wha't did you like/not like.... Somehow, we gotta get Matt to a race prior to the 1/2! Not sure how we can help you, Matt, but you gotta do it!

On the school front, yea, I'm done and all that.. but got an A in the last class, so that felt good. Looking back at my grades, from 1993-present, it's funny how it looked like a scatter plot prior to 2004, and then all A's afterwards. Funny how getting older will give you a much better perspective on education, and grades for that matter.

Off to the shoe shoppe today for a return. Going to get fit right, or will move on to the next store! In the meantime, my Nike's are feeling great, just need to make sure I don't cram the toes at the end of the shoe. Next race being as flat as it is, it shouldn't be a problem. UPDATE: It's official, I'm finding a new shoe shop.... I returned the shoes, the owner didn't really say anything...so I went on about how I'd like to find another pair or perhaps even order the Nike's he suggested last time... He kinda walks away and says "well, let me know if you decide on ordering 'em" So I said "Yeeeea, suuuure, I'll uh, well, I'll think about it" Then I walked out and will not be returning, needless to say. So, I'm going to ask the work running team folks where they go, and give that a try. These guys are competing to win in any of the events they enter, so I figure they probably have some good suggestions. :-) I'll keep y'all in the loop!

What's everyone else up to? I feel like this month is a fairly mellow training month...maybe we need a more exciting challenge for next month? Not sure what that means, but something that will spur some discussion, maybe competition, I dunno...

2 comments:

DebWDW said...

S&S are cutie pies!
Congrats on the grades!

Matt said...

I've been looking for a race, but I still can't find one. Around here, when you ask about a race, people automatically assume you're talking about NASCAR.

I haven't given up, but finding a local race seems to be unlikely for me. I could always go race down in WDW. Hmmm.....