Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Terrific Tuesday


Picture: Junk Boat (hope I've got that right) from harbor in Hong Kong. Love how they teeter totter through the harbor while all of the various power boats zoom by. Kinda how I feel my half-marathon training is going :-) However, they may be slow, but we all know that slow and steady wins the race! other than that, it's just a pic of a cool lookin' boat from one of my favorite international trips.
Feeling great today (mentally), not sure why as I'm still draggin around this cold.... I figure, why question it! Thought I was going to rest last night and not run, but did the opposite. Ran 3.1 miles on the treadmill. Why? Well, after posting and reading the responses to my shoe quandry I decided to give them another shot (and just couldn't wait, quite frankly). They felt a lot better to tell you the truth, but I have decided to return them. The heel is great and outter foot has very good support, but I'm still feeling "flat" in the ball of my foot region (area below the big toe). No issue with 3 miles on a treadmill, but I fear that when I get into a 5-10 mile run on pavement that it'll hurt my feet. So I'm going to head to the store on Friday and figure this whole thing out.

In the meantime, my other shoes only have around 200 miles on them, so they'll have to carry me through the 5k this Sunday. Snowy Tundra Mike has given me a huge inspirational lift with his AWESOME time turned in at his 5k last weekend, and I'm going to give it a little extra this week to see what I can do. Not thinkin' I can catch ya Mike, but will be thinking about ya when I hit that 2.5 mile mark and need to pick up the pace :-) That's what I love about Team Voice, there is someone on the team that we all can look to in order to challenge ourselves! So dig deep folks, you'll feel great when you know you've given it your all and furthered your training for "the Big Race" next January!

Weather is great here in southern CT today, wish I brought my running gear to work! However, probably not good to run 4 days in a row, need the rest for my lungs (and feet...). Three weeks till they start work on our backyard pool project....should be fun having the whole yard ripped up by machinery....at least I won't have to mow the lawn! LOL

4 comments:

DebWDW said...

Team Voice rocks!

Rae! said...

Everyone is going a 5k this weekend Sweet!!!!

Team Voice!!!! Rocks hard!!!

MikeF. said...

TEAM VOICE ROCK'S THE HARDEST!!! Mike speed awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Heath said...

I feel your pain w/ the pool project. I just added an 8' by 12' addition to my deck and it caused heart palpatations watching the grass get torn up. In the end though, I'm happy with the results.