Wednesday, May 7, 2008

4 Days...

Okay, well, it's 4 days but all I really have left is to hand in my revised research paper (which I'll probably do tomorrow). Not as good as I thought it would feel, but I tell ya one thing... I WILL be enjoying some champagne this Saturday night to mark the occasion. Although, just when I thought I'd have some free evening time, work has signed me up for business analyst classes, woohoo...so basically I'll have catch up on work those nights where I have all day classes. The fun never stops, lol! It's all good :-) I'm still happy about the 29 flat in the 3.5 miler! ha!

Speaking of races, I've got a week and a half till my next 5k. The wife is running in this one with me, her first 5k since she ran cross-country in high school so it's a big one for her. I've told her that I'd run with her the whole race, but she "gave me permission" to go all out and try for a good time.....The question is, do I listen to her? or say "nah, that's okay honey, I've got plenty of other races".... What do you guys think?

Watching Mulan with my daughter right now, never seen the whole thing till now...catchy music...

No pic today, I'll look for something cool out of the archive for tomorrow. Thanks Mike for affirming what I thought about the last one. Didn't know it was "The Jiko" at the time we ate there, just recall that they made me choose the wine and it didn't dissapoint! Don't think I could have chose a bad one at that place...

3 comments:

Rae! said...

Wow ! Her first race in some time. Cool!!!!
Now that E and I have been doing the races, and I had a bad one at tot 13k,he worries that if he runs and I am left walking alone that I will get ill or something will happen and he would feel guilty. So he has scaled back to my pace. I told him he can go but he will not. So it is totally up to you.
I must say we have some great pictures cause we do the races together.And some one to talk too in the boring parts.

Heath said...

Who's to say she doesn't leave you in HER dust? Just kidding. It looks like you've got quite a few races on your plate. I would say, if you let up a little for some quality time with the wife, it might not be a bad thing. You can always push yourself in the next one. The 10 miler in RI will be a good test for ya.

Chris said...

C'mon guys, I want someone to tell me "Go for 25minutes!!" LOL 10 year anniversary in June, so I think she's sort of stuck with me at this point.. LOL