
Simply amazing how good your feet can feel when wearing the right shoes. Yep, went and check out a new shoe shop, and was not dissapointed. Given the bad experience I just had, I was a little skeptical walking in, but from the get go they sold me a pair of shoes even before trying on a pair. Great customer service, asked all the right questions, analyzed everything that needed to be...well...analyzed. Was a toss up in the end between a pair of Saucony and New Balance. Went with the New Balance 768's. Mixed reviews on-line, but I've been wearing them all day around the house and so far so good. I suppose that's why they say that shoes can wear incredibly different for different feet. Just never actually had a "fitting" for shoes I suppose...Almost couldn't resist joking when she told me I'm an over-pronator..."yeah, well you smell funny!!" Okay, no, I didn't say that, but was thinkin' it. Corny to the core baby!
Also, got me a cool new iPod as well. Bought a 1GB shuffle yesterday with the 50 dollar gift card that I get from work for being in their walking program (talk about easy money!). This thing is perfect for running! All I need is my workout playlist, so the 1GB is more than enough, and it clips right on to the shorts or shirt. Sweet deal.
I'm ready for the big 5k tomorrow morning, hope to get some good pictures but not sure what to do with the camera...gotta figure out a good place to stash it, otherwise I'm going to be running with it....which probably isn't a good idea. Still thinkin' about feelin' the need for "Mike-Speed" :-)
Good luck in your events tomorrow, T.V.!!
1 comment:
Good luck with your race Tom Morrow. I think my pace will be a little slower for my 10k. Ran a quick 3 miler today and the shins still have a little pain in them.
Post a Comment