Tuesday, May 27, 2008

LeeeeEEEETTTSS GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLE!!!


Finally was able to listen to the AATM podcast this afternoon while walking over for lunch today, and was pleasantly surprised to hear one of my e-mails being read. Except, I almost forgot about THAT e-mail...The one I wrote after hearing my voicemail to the AATM show after hearing Jonathan was leaving the show. Curse you iTunes!!! Yeah, my iPod only got 27 minutes of that show so I didn't realize that Jonathan "came back" at the end of the show. Okay, gotta admit, it was pretty hillarious and I'd have played that clip too! So perhaps the challenge should have gone out to Bryan. ;-) Anyhoo, yep, I challenged "The Voice" and I'm stickin' to it! Have you guys seen the mileage this guy has been putting up lately? Jeez! I've got to start crankin' up the mileage if I want to win this one! Here's the deal, I did for one reason alone....competition....yeah, it's sometimes a nasty word, and people get all bent out of shape at times. However, if I'm right, I'm sure Jonathan got a huge grin when thinking about accepting the challenge. Anyone who's put themselves through the torture of law-school has got to have the competitive gene! :-) Besides, I'm hoping it'll give us both that little extra motivation in our training for the month, see, a win-win! What do you guys think?


Nothing new on the big hole in the backyard, or as I've dubbed it "My DVC Property"...ya know, since we decided to build a pool instead of buying DVC.... They were supposed to come out today to get the framing going, but it rained here this morning so my guess is that they took the day off.


Training update: Took the better part of a week off from running due to the illness that I've been battling through for almost three weeks, but got outside yesterday. Ran 5.23 miles with no ill effects on the lungs, and actually came through at a much quicker pace than I anticipated (9:25/mi pace I think...). Lungs felt good, still a little cough here and there, but good overall. Shoes were fantastic! So glad I finally went and was properly fitted! Not sure I'm going to get a 10 mile run in prior to the end of the week as planned, but that's okay, gotta take care of my lungs first. June is going to have to be a big mileage month! Hopefully my boss won't decide that I need to spend more days couped up in a hotel for another training. Not only is the air quality horrid, but they keep strict time, so there's not much time to do anything but eat and check my mail. Not to mention all of the break food....cookies, chips, ice cream bars, carrot cake (love carrot cake!), huge pretzels......aaarrrggghhhh! ;-)

2 comments:

DebWDW said...

I think your challenge with Jonathan is great! And it will be so fun to watch the two of you in June!
(A pool instead of DVC? How about putting a hidden Mickey in tiles at the bottom of the pool? Or hop down and draw the icon after they pour the bottom? Now that would be cool!!)

Rae! said...

Well I hope the home DVC gets done. I agree with Deb on the Hidden Mickey.
Well June is going to be fun. I wonder if we all should bet on who is going to win. :)Glad you are feeling better. Love the Pic.